- To vote for a local charity at a meeting, you must be a member before the meeting. Become a member on the Join page of our website prior to attending a meeting.
- At the beginning of the meeting, three charities will be randomly chosen from our “charity basket,” which is filled with charity nominations from our members.
- The member who nominated the selected charity (or the designated speaker from the membership or planning committee) will be asked to give a 5-minute presentation on why she thinks this charity should receive the collected funds.
- After the three presentations, members will cast a secret ballot for one of the three charities.
- While committee members are tabulating the results, a representative from the charity that was awarded funds at the previous meeting will share how the contribution helped their organization.
- Once the votes are tabulated, a committee member will announce the awarded charity.
- Members will write a cheque to the awarded charity or send an e-transfer by noon the next day. They will receive a tax receipt from the awarded charity by mail.
- Members are encouraged to come early to network.
- If you cannot make a meeting, please fill out a Regrets Form.