HOW TO NOMINATE
Any member in good standing may nominate a local organization. Nomination forms must be submitted no later than 3 weeks prior to the meeting. If a form is submitted after that date, it will be held for the next meeting.
Each member may have only one nomination in the charity basket at any time. She can withdraw a nomination and replace it with another at any time by contacting us.
If more than one member nominates a charity, it will receive more than one nomination in the basket.
Once a charity has been awarded funds, it will not be eligible for nomination for three years.
All the charities that are added to the charity basket MUST meet the following criteria:
- Commit to directly spending the funds, awarded by our members, for the betterment of the Salt Spring Island community
- Be a registered Canadian charity registered with the CRA
- Be a nonprofit society offering direct service on Salt Spring Island; foundations do not qualify.
- Able to provide individual tax receipts to our members
- Agree not to solicit our members directly for further contributions
- Agree not to create, sell or distribute a list with our members’ contact information
- After funds have been awarded, provide a spokesperson to present to our members at our next meeting
- Must not have received funds from 100 Women Who Care Salt Spring Island in the past 3 years
TO NOMINATE A CHARITY
- Ensure your charity meets the requirements of a qualified charity (see above).
- Before you nominate, contact someone at the charity to let them know that the charity is being nominated. Please note: A nomination is for a charity and not specific programs run by the charity.
- Fill out a Charity Nomination Form 3 weeks before the next members’ meeting.
- Create a 5-minute presentation that you or another member will give if your charity is one of the three charities randomly selected from the charity basket at an upcoming meeting.
- Provide the 100 Women Who Care planning committee with a copy of your presentation if you do not want to speak in public, or if you will be away and don’t have another member to speak on your behalf.
- Our planning committee will determine if your charity meets our eligibility criteria. Someone will contact you within a few days if there is a problem with the charity’s eligibility.
For more information on presenting, See our presentation tips